Competitions, competitions, competitions!

I entered some competitions this semester again! I believe I just entered two of them but seriously my mind is a mess just now so I couldn't really tell you. I remember two though so I am going to talk about two. 

The first one I didn't get very far in which was unfortunate because I would have genuinely loved to have won this. Might enter again next year though and actually think about it in advance and see if that makes a difference. I found it when looking into the potential for sponsors for a larger exhibition later in the year that it now turns out we won't need but I was looking anyway and came across this opportunity. 

It was a design a label competition as the final leg of the mash tag competition at brewdog brewery. There was a couple of examples but they said it could be anything and that you could be anyone so I thought hey what's the harm? I kind of stuck a little bit to the brewdog aesthetic but not really. I remembered to include their signature colour but other than that I made the design I wanted to make. I thought about making it like a triple IPA with oak and sour cherry but I really didn't want to make a cliqued label that just included the things on the label so I played around with the sour cherry concept. Now that I have seen the designs that got shortlisted I wish I had just gone with cliqued I might have at least gotten shortlisted. But I tried to stick to something that felt quite punk whilst still appealing to large markets like brewdog do. 

But shoulda, woulda, coulda! lets look at my design!


If I'm honest I don't care what brewdog thought cause they're short list was crap and this is bad ass so whatever! XD




The other competition I entered was fruitful! I entered it along side Julia and it proved to be a good move for both of us. It was a comic competition and if you were successful at impressing the judges then they published your comic in a comic book. It was by a company called artcore, in conduction with out of the blueprint printing studio at the out of the blue drill hall and put into a book called opposable thumbs! I visited them recently actually to see the printing space and have a chat. They really liked my comic down there! It was nice to here.

So we were to submit a comic of either a page to 4 pages and if they liked it, they printed it. It was really simple, other than that the only other thing we had to do was be between the ages of 13 and 25. Easy peasy! So now they are going to put it in their risoprinter and print my comic in blue and red. 

So here's the comic to look at:



No comments:

Post a Comment