Ideas blergh

So for hidden projects I have now, visited as many of the museums as I wanted too, I have made a lot of sketches of things that have interested me including:

  • A pane of broken glass with Sir Walter Scott's signature on it which was blown up during the war.
  • A representation of the deer from the story of King David and the stag.
  • The pigeons from the top of elm row
  • various dolls in the childhood museum
  • etc.
So from these ideas I began to research a few and develop story plots for theme. Right now I'm still leaning towards the idea of the pigeons however I will plan out a few more ideas before being definite about it.

I developed some concept art for a few stories.


The first is for a story I have since thrown out for use in the project. I thought about having two completely different dolls from different periods (both housed in the museum of childhood obviously) fall in love and go on a date in 21st century Edinburgh. Then they'd just do cute things.
The only proper piece of the story that was coming together in my mind however was a scene where they were dancing in the Ross fountain in princess street gardens and she's being very glamorous and he's having to squeeze water out of his leg as it's just absorbing it.

I very much like the idea and I believe I will keep it however I might wait until I have enough skills under my belt to pull that scene off.


This one I have shown here before. Since then I have had some developments in this idea but this image is a concept from when I thought that the story would centre around Edinburgh's statue's secret night life and these pigeons would be alive, casually causing trouble and steeling chips... to which I made a gif to check out the functionality of that.


It worked fairly well although I needed to reconstruct it's neck on both sides between shots which was a little counter productive. However I liked the overall look of the sequence.

I really liked the idea at the time but since then the idea's grown arms and legs, shot off in different directions, gone a full 360 and now I have no idea where it is. Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment