Scott - About The Films

I just realised I didn't tell about how that went!

Ok so 2 out of 3 of the films were very straight forward and just required Scott and I back and forthing about them till I got everything exactly the way he wanted it. They were super simple and didn't require strenuous amounts of my effort. They looked great in the end and we were really pleased with them. There was some great cut away humour put in and they are really nice films.

The clincher though, the one I invested most of my time into and was really excited for was the montage scene. The montage took ages from sourcing all the material and editing it al to make sure it all looked good too layering it together to create depth and make sure it worked with the other parts in the sequence and making sure it worked with the music. I had maybe like 100 things I was thinking about at any one time.

There were so many elements that were to only begin at this point or to have ended by that point or to be specifically included and then there were the elements I was in charge of completely by myself.

It was one of these projects where I noticed that I was playing it over and over as I was working and repeatedly refining the same parts over and over to make sure I got them right. It was one of those projects where I didn't feel my enthusiasm depleting and I just really enjoyed working on it. I think it really helped that I really liked the music track I was working against so I could listen to the work I was doing over and over and not mind at all. I wasn't even thrown by the nature of some of the content Scott had wanted me too include because he had really blurred it out and made it almost too soft. I had to harshen elements up for certain parts of the script which I didn't think I would have to do at all.

By the end I was adding elements in entirely off my own back because I was beginning to really feel the piece as a whole.

I can't show you any of it because they are still working their way around galleries places. Think they're in London at the moment! But they are in my drop box for my assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment