My little trip through Disney's animation thingy

I'm really running out of varying ways to start post now. *sigh* you'll just have to deal with my mediocrity...

Right! This is of so much importance to my animation career I can't not tell you all. I went to Disney World... for the 4th time in my young life. Anyway I didn't just passively ignore my animation duties and I did you see some animators while I was there!


Here I am, visiting the animation studios at Disney's Hollywood studios. 


Here's the animation theatre where they teach you to draw a Disney character!


Here is the inside of the room with our animator Don. Can you guess which character we got to draw?

It was Merida! Couldn't actually believe it! Actually Scottish people are the only people who can actually pronounce Merida properly. Everyone else gets it wrong. That's my Merida there. Sorry it's on it's side. It's late and I cba rotating it.

Then Don asked us which one of Merida's brothers shares a name with another Disney triplet and we were like pfft how easy is this question and when we told him it was Huey he gave us his drawing and here we are!







Anyway there's also the character department! In here I got to see the concept art for Big Hero 6, watch animators as they worked and take a small seminar on character design. It was all about how they designed Mushu. Originally Mushu was two dragons D: Oh my goodness!

Beneath here is some of the other concept art from the general concept art gallery. 







Now here's me with animator Jennifer Mathews who today was the animator that sat and drew characters on repeat so we can buy them. I bought a Jack skellington last time I was over and he's awesome. I got to chat with her about disney and stuff and it was really cool.



This guy down here. This is Greg. Greg here is one really cool dude. He illustrates for disney and he made the 2011 disney symbol which was used everywhere! He was really proud of himself. He makes brilliant computer generated oil paintings with tones of hidden mickeys in them and we spent a lot of time looking for them. He was a lot friendlier than the animators and I know because I met 4 animators and most of them did very little talking. Greg however signed a park map he designed for me and gave me his business card and told me to contact him when I made it big. Really cool guy.


The animating station in the art of disney shop where you get to watch animator animate.




Just a cute little reference here. I spotted this on the ceiling in planet hollywood.



just throwing them in there because why not. I met lots of animated characters too.





.... And Doc. Because It's Doc... Come on everyone loves Back to The Future.


So to explain this, in Disney all the important people to the Disney corporation who pass away get a spot on one of the windows in main street. Look it's my name!


Lastly this board sits outside the animating theatre and includes the portfolio requirements for Disney I look at it every time I'm there.














No comments:

Post a Comment