the animatic

I should mention I storyboarded and made an animatic before turning my attention to my character. So here are they!


I'm really pleased with the progression since then actually. I no longer have the cat. I changed some angles, I developed a general style of close and tight angles for the entire thing and I made it less tacky whiles still making it more christmasy, which aint easy baby.

To prove that I didn't just make all that up here is my animatic from the last time I updated it:

Told you. So since here I have taken the door out and replaced it with a scene where he carves his pumpkin and places a tea light in it. I wanted context to begin with but doors always seem to imply movement and because their wasn't any it became an irrelevant scene. In addition I squabbled with myself about the religious connotations of the tree but decided to leave it in there. And lastly I decided to include one wide panning shot of the neighbourhood just after the character leaves and realises it's Christmas just to give people a chance to absorb the actual Christmas message of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment