World in A Room - Finished

I have finished my world in a room project. This project is one I am very proud of now I have reached the end I have a film I am very happy with.

Surprisingly I didn't struggle with the CG half of the animation and in actuality I hit very few problems I couldn't solve. It's been interesting learning things I thought I would never wrap my head around as usually I am very hands on and things that involve a lot of technical work are typically beyond me but this I felt wasn't to far gone for me to learn. As a result I am using Maya for my last animation of the semester. (Although that's giving me a lot of headaches) The things I enjoyed about the CG side were getting to focus so much on full body and really think about key frames - Maya does some really strange things if you don't make your keyframes very obvious for it - so working that out was interesting to say the least. I think I really surprised myself with this project as it wasn't at all the type of thing I expected to find myself enjoying or using again and both have happened.

As for the stop motion side I felt for the first time since I started at ECA that I actually might be informed about what I am doing. I had my aperture change on me half way through which was a nightmare as I didn't figure out that was the problem until I had finished animating. sigh. However short of that I knew exactly how to work all the equipment and had enough animation knowledge to animate convincingly. Needless to say I was pleased at the end.

I swear I'm nearly finished and you can watch the film so soon. Now editing; I felt I got a better grip on that too. Following this semesters first project I began to think about my editing right from the get go. As a result my post production editing took far less time to complete than usual and was sped up further by making edits as I made the footage. So by the time it came to the crit I was very happy with my edit and although I made some choices based on feedback at the crit very little needed changing. Just some shots removed that may not have been necessary. So again very pleased there.

And as promised: The film! (it's a link because it's on vimeo)

https://vimeo.com/113612031

No comments:

Post a Comment