9.88 seconds

This last few days has been very VERY stressful and I'm so glad it's over. The project was to make a 10 second film in 2 days. "Doesn't sound too difficult" I thought to myself at the start. (complete lie, I was very ill I was really thinking "aw buggar!") anyway after 24 hours I had attempted two different techniques to similar degrees of failure and was beginning to feel a bit disheartened. But Abigail Lamb has not given up on anything yet! So with a little bit of a bruised ego I soldiered on completing the film in just a few hours on day two of the project. Thank heavens! On Friday the film goes down well with my tutors and my peers and in the end I was very please. :)

BUT on sunday evening I noticed a broken cell. One that had not rendered as it should have. Panicked about what I was going to do about it I hatched a plan to fix it this morning and resubmit it before the competition checked my entry. Sleepless night for me last night.

"Is that it for stress?!" I hear you ask? Well of course not. I ran home very late that day and uploaded my film to 9.88's competition page immediately and continued with my weekend till this afternoon when I received an email rejecting my film from the competition... As expected I was completely gutted and read on to find out why. Turned out the moderators had though it wasn't in a high enough definition and required a minimum of 720p. Which I was offended at because my film was rendered in 1080p. None-the-less they had given me a chance to resubmit my film once I had fixed the issue. Now the problem was how was I going to do that. 

Urgh so first day of my holiday and I find myself trudging through the horrible Scottish weather to college to fix my film. The annoying thing about my broken cell was that on the computers at college I couldn't see the problem with it but I could when I took it onto a different one. Which meant that I spent an hour colouring in bits of a cell where I thought the problem might be and then moving it onto a computer where I could see it to check if I had gotten rid of it or not. When I eventually did I put my film back together and began the annoying process of trying to make it better quality. Which I had no idea how to do really. I found the bar that told me what render quality it was currently in but wasn't allowed to change it. However it did say it was in 1080p which I knew it was. So I tried the codex. I know as much about codex's as I do about slugs... which I have to admit isn't very good but usually I just annoy Neil with my tech problems. But he wasn't in today so I had to trial and error the situation. Eventually after several failures I exported in the preset and it is finally a much better quality.

I'm just dreading getting another rejection letters tomorrow morning considering there wasn't really a problem today.

Anyway here is the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment